Sunday, May 31, 2009

Shoes and Glasses

Today our goal was to find the shoe shop to get Lillian a pair or shoes made so she doesn't have to put an insert in her shoe. We drove all over looking for this place. Terry said to look for a market that sold kitchen wares and the shoe market is near it. We found the kitchen wares but not the shoe shop. I even found the mink blankets my friend wants. There are big ones too. I think I'll be taking one home as well. I figure I should start early stuffing my suitcases to come home. Muriel saw the umbrellas and said she wants one of them. We told her we would make sure she got one.

Since we didn't find the shoe shop, we headed out for Inha Optical. We stopped for a bathroom break and were notified that the kids were all thirsty. Terry said to not use the vending machines and go across the street to the store. Lillian had a fit right there on the side walk. Arms flailing, feet stomping, her face red and she was spiting. Terry and I stood there, looked at Lillian and told her to either stop or get nothing at all. A fit is not going to get her a drink any faster. Very grudingly, Lillian stomped her way to the crosswalk. We made it across the street and while passing a street vender, Mikey smelled hot dogs. He saw the buns and started screaming "Dot dogs, momma! Dot dogs! I want a dot dog over there!" I told him NO and Terry asked him what is in a hot dog. He said "do you know they put real dogs in there? They even put their eyes in there. Do you want to get dog eyeballs, Mikey?" Of course, Mikey looked very confused. Every hot dog he has ever eaten tasted good, so why wouldn't these? Terry said if he really wanted one, he buy it. The girls only gasped and said "ooooo don't eat it Mikey." It was so hard to get that kid to keep walking away from the hot dogs! THEN in the store the fight was on over Hershey's chocolate milk drink. We told them to get apple, orange or grape juice but NOOO we had to fight over that too. We finally got everyone a juice and marched them outside to the sidewalk. Terry told them to stand in the shade and drink their juice since we are NOT having any spills in the store. Surprisingly, not a single one of them argued. I think they were too busy looking at the pink truck with all the pink glamore girly stuff on it.

We did finally make it to Inha Optical. My glasses have been falling apart for months and I resorted to super glueing the screws into the frames. I have a pair of sunglasses as well but they are an old prescription that I've been wearing for years. I figured it was time to get both replaced with something completely different. I'm very bad about being habitual with things so this time I vowed to not leave until I had something I've never seen or wore before. It took forever to pick the glass frames. I tried on about 50 pairs and came out with 2. My kids had a blast trying on all the spongebob frames. Mikey found a pair that were perfect but I'm not paying nearly $60 for a 3 year olds glasses that he'll only snap in half the first day or 2. It took about 2 hours to get everything done. And the price was awesome. 1 pair of glasses, 1 pair of sunglasses and the eye exam cost about 107,000 won which is around $100. I can't get that in Oklahoma! I'm tempted to get anothe pair made since my vision hasn't changed in years. I got the same prescription again. This makes the 3rd time so I don't think my eyes will change any time soon.

While we were shopping, Jessica had to prepare a final exam for her students. She needed some quiet time to do her work and let's face, my kids weren't in the quiet mode today! She told Terry it was shopping day and to take our time. It was fine with me because I didn't want to be stuck in the excerise park especially after having IPL done on my face. I have to avoid the sun and wear a ton of lotion and sunblock. We were only going to have a few hours out because Terry was supposed to have a class. But one of the teachers became ill and sounded terrible. Terry decided it was better to cancel class until after the cleaning lady came and cleaned the school. She comes around 9am so there's plenty of time for everything to be cleaned and dry before anyone comes. This will also reduce the likelyhood of passing on what ever the teacher has. We don't know what she has or if she is contagious. Either way I don't care. Everything needs scrubbed.

By the time we came home, Jessica had dinner ready and my kids were rushing the table to get a chair. We had to herd them like cattle to the bathroom to wash up. They ate beans, rice and cornbread with orange kool aid. Yes, I brought kool aid. You know american children would die if they didn't have soda or kool aid. Would you believe Mikey ate cornbread after his bath? That child has eaten 3 or 4 pieces of cornbread. He also made a stinky in the upstairs bathroom that was so bad that Jessica flushed the toilet while he was on it. We were all surprised such a horific package could come from child that small!

Jessica and Terry went to the store during bath time so they could escape without one of the kids begging to go. All of them were fast asleep upon their return. YEAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment