Saturday, June 20, 2009

All in a day's "work"

Notice the "black" eye? Well that's only part of Mikey's accomplishment for the day!

The day started out fine as usual. Breakfast, lunch, off to Tae Kwan Doe, and back for snack time. During break, Mikey had to go to the bathroom. He was over at the sink ready to wash his hands when I had to deal with the girls. Next thing I hear is Terry saying to Mikey "Are you crazy?" I knew he had done something really bad. I came back to find Terry scolding Mikey. Terry said a student came running to him and said Mikey had climbed the wall to the one foot square window and was hanging his head out of it! Terrified, Terry went running into the bathroom to find Mikey with his rear end stuck up in the air! Mikey had nearly half his body hanging out the window! The school is also on the second floor. We are now getting the child safety device installed on the window!

THEN while at the park, Mikey decided to climb up on top of a six foot wall with all the older kids. I told him to stand still until I got to him. He said he wanted to jump! I told him I would catch him. That wasn't good enough so I said I'd hold his hand while he jumped. AND he DID!!!! Mikey landed on his feet then plopped down on his rear end. He said it hurt a little bit but he was okay.

So, as if this wasn't enough of a scare... During the next break, Mikey was asked to SIT on the bench while I got our stuff ready to leave. Did he sit, NO. Why would he sit when all the kids were in the library chatting away. Mikey decided to JUMP on the couch and landed on the heater! This is where the black eye happened. The kids were frightened and told Mikey to find his mother. They led him down the hall to me and pushed him into the room. ALL the kids stood at the door to see what was going to happen. I took him to Terry and Jessica to find out what happened. We asked Mikey to show us where he got hurt. Then we all "agreed" he needed to make the other side match. We asked Mikey if he would do it again. He just sat there with his head in his hands saying "No" and nearly cried. I took him home and would check on him in the rear view mirror. His eye started swelling and I honestly thought it was going to close.

I suppose this is all in a day's work for a kid!

2 comments:

  1. What a day of exploring this must of been for Mikey!!

    Start looking for grey hair, it'll be taking over soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mikey is just an adventurer! All you have to do is keep him from doing things that will bring harm to himself and or others.

    MY all of this in just ONE day. Just think what a steady diet will do for Jim's and your hair in a short time!

    ReplyDelete